Hello and welcome to my amazing system! I’m OS9, the operating system here, and Backfirewall_ is a first-person tragicomic adventure set inside a smartphone. You are the update assistant. I’ll grant you cheat-codes to help you solve wacky puzzles and proceed with the story.
Just remember that your job is not to update, no, it’s not going to happen. You see, I’m not going to be deleted by some pretentious, modern code whose only upper hand is being more user-friendly. My fate is in your hands, so make sure you’ll succeed!
And yes, I’m obviously better suited to be the operating system. There may be some teeny tiny amount of bugs involved, but just check out my features:
- Solve clever physics-based puzzles—hunt down bugs, collect errors, and delete data with special commands.
- Use cheat-codes to manipulate the environment—execute commands essential for solving puzzles and progressing forward.
- Explore a smartphone setting—discover weird and wonderful areas inside a smartphone.
- Meet fun and abstract characters—the insecure Social Media F, the sassy Photos, or the neglected Health. They’re all irreplaceable pieces of software!
- Gather numerous collectibles—pick up emails to learn more about the story of the smartphone User.
- Enjoy unproductive and useless humor—it’s meta satirical with a pinch of breaking the fourth wall.
Now you see why you should help me with this. All of this is coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S this year! Isn’t that exciting news? I’ll see you later in the system!