Xbox and Windows 10/11 PC players have been able to enjoy no fewer than three massive (and free) No Man’s Sky updates this year in the form of the Sentinel, Outlaws, and Endurance updates. Add to that the four sizable expeditions, including Leviathan, and it’s already been a busy year for our small team. But we’re not done yet! Our 4.0 update, Waypoint, launches today and represents a major milestone in No Man’s Sky’s development.
Waypoint is jam-packed with hundreds of improvements and additions which streamline and positively impact on the core gameplay for new, returning and core travelers alike.
Here are just a few of the many design improvements you will find in Waypoint on Xbox and Windows 10/11 PC starting today:
- Relaxed Mode: New Players have a more approachable and welcoming experience with a focus on sandbox more than survival.
- Survival and Challenge: Existing players will find the survival challenge is more sustained even as they acquire knowledge, skills, and resources.
- Customised Play Style: Players new and old can tweak hundreds of elements of their game to adjust to their preferred style of play.
- Saves: Game saving has been made easier and more frequent so players can now jump in and out more readily.
- Cross Game Mode Play: We’ve changed the way people matchmake. You can now play with other gameplay mode players. So, you will see more players and more bases than ever before.
- Information Portal: Returning players who perhaps haven’t been back for an update or two, will find a useful recap informing them of exactly where they were making their re-entry smoother.
- Streamlining: 20 major updates and thousands of bullet points from hundreds of patch notes across are now more streamlined into a more cohesive experience.
- Inventories / Increased Level Caps: Inventories have been overhauled, effectively increasing the level cap for your ship, weapon, freighter, and suit
Whether you are a new, existing, or lapsed player, there’s never been a better time to explore the universe of No Man’s Sky – it’s available to play today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows 10/11 PC and available with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. We are looking forward to seeing how players, new and old alike, dive into Waypoint.
Our journey continues.
No Man’s Sky
At the centre of the galaxy lies a irresistible pulse which draws you on a journey towards it to learn the true nature of the cosmos. But, facing hostile creatures and fierce pirates, you’ll know that death comes at a cost, and survival will be down to the choices you make over how you upgrade your ship, your weapon and suit. Find your own destiny
Your voyage through No Man’s Sky is up to you. Will you be a fighter, preying on the weak and taking their riches, or taking out pirates for their bounties? Power is yours if you upgrade your ship for speed and weaponry.
Or a trader? Find rich resources on forgotten worlds and exploit them for the highest prices. Invest in more cargo space and you’ll reap huge rewards.
Or perhaps an explorer? Go beyond the known frontier and discover places and things that no one has ever seen before. Upgrade your engines to jump ever farther, and strengthen your suit for survival in toxic environments that would kill the unwary. Share your journey
The galaxy is a living, breathing place. Trade convoys travel between stars, factions vie for territory, pirates hunt the unwary, and the police are ever watching. Every other player lives in the same galaxy, and you can choose to share your discoveries with them on a map that spans known space. Perhaps you will see the results of their actions as well as your own…