Build epic longhouses, sail across unexplored seas, craft your favorite weapon, and more in Valheim with PC Game Pass.
Highly regarded by players, Valheim (Game Preview), the survival Viking game by Coffee Stain Studios and Iron Gate Studio, has sold more than 10 million copies since its initial release on PC in February 2021. Now, in case you missed it, Valheim has been available with PC Game Pass for the past two weeks, offering full cross play multiplayer for players wanting to have an adventure with their friends as they slay mythical beasts and build monuments in the glory of Odin.
If you’ve yet to set foot in the world of Valheim, we’ve collected seven reasons why we think you should come join us in this beautiful game and become one of the bravest residents in Midgard.
Lots of places to explore
Do not let any sight go unseen. With a grand map, Valheim brings numerous possibilities to explore and lots of places to get to know. Valheim has a system of new maps generated every game. Start a completely new terrain, with new gameplay experience with different biomes and locations.
The game’s dynamic
You must be careful because while working together, you can hurt your friend in-game. For example, chopping down a tree may cause some damage to a nearby friend by falling on them. This brings a unique feeling of reality to the game, like you’re really living your own Viking life.
Build your own Viking longhouse
Build, rebuild, and model your longhouse. Bring concepts from this culture to life with your own taste by harvesting wood, which is essential for building your house. You can also use wood to build and repair floors, walls, and ceilings as well as building a small house for yourself or a large one to house all your friends.
Find a favorite weapon
Do you prefer to use a bow, an axe, or a shield? You can choose for yourself! Explore the many options to create extra space to hold more items in your inventory and more!
The Nordic mythology has a grand history, and in Valheim it’s possible to explore different views of this civilization and its many references to their people.
Nothing else can bring a sense of liberty more than crafting your own boat and being able to explore unfamiliar places. In Valheim, you can go on expeditions and conquer whatever you want!
Playing with friends
There’s nothing better than being able to build a Viking village with your friends, defeat monsters, and live out your life in a new culture.
Valheim (Game Preview)
Coffee Stain Publishing
Explore a world shrouded in mystery. Discover distinct environments with unique enemies to battle, resources to gather and secrets to uncover! Be a viking, sail the open seas in search of lands unknown, and fight bloodthirsty monsters. BUILD MIGHTY HALLS
Raise viking longhouses and build bases that offer reprieve from the dangers ahead. Customise buildings, both inside and out, with a detailed building system. Progress through building tiers to upgrade, expand and defend your base. GATHER, CRAFT AND SURVIVE
Struggle to survive as you gather materials and craft weapons, armor, tools, ships, and defenses. Decorate your hearths and sharpen your blades, grow crops and vegetables, prepare food, brew meads and potions, and progress as you defeat more difficult bosses and discover new recipes and blueprints. KEY FEATURES
-Massive procedurally-generated world where every biome is immersive and distinct, with unique enemies, resources and crafting recipes to discover.
– Play alone or with up to 10 players on player-hosted dedicated servers and experience unlimited world creation and enemies that scale in difficulty.
– Staminabased combat that rewards preparation and skill. Utilize weapon types with unique attacks, different blocking styles, ranged combat, dodges and parries to fight your enemies.
– Rewarding food system where you cannot starve and are not punished for not eating, instead you gain health, stamina and regeneration buffs depending on what foods you consume.
– Intuitive crafting where recipes are discovered as you explore the world, and pick up new resources and ingredients.
– Flexible building system that takes structural integrity and ventilation into account. Build a small shelter or an entire village, make outposts or claim abandoned buildings as your own. Then customize to your liking.
– Sail boats and ships to reach distant lands and explore the sea that offers riches to claim and monsters to fight.
– Epic boss fights that will test even the best prepared vikings and offer rewards that help you on your journey. Full details on the latest status of the game, how you can give feedback and report issues can be found at www.valheim.com.